Thursday, December 18

Flights Out

My dad flew down to Alabama first thing in the morning on Tuesday to be with his mama. After many talks back and forth my Ma, Sister, and I all decided we need to go too. We wanted to be sure that we got to see her whether its her time to go HOME or if she got better.

It was such a hard descion to make but we weren't going to regret it either way!

So on Wednesday morning at about 10:30am I booked a flight out of LaCrosse that was to take off at 12:45pm. I scrambled my stuff together as fast as I could. Quilons too!

I decided that Quilon really needed to go with me. My Grandmother had never seen him and was so looking forward to the my sisters wedding to she her newest great grand baby. I wanted her to be able to see him. So it was a must for me!!!

We got to the airport at 12:00pm by the help of my great sister-in-law Noelle. Once I got us all checked in I find out my flight to Minneapolis was going to be delayed about a half hour. Which then made my time between my connecting flight to Memphis go from an hour to a half an hour.

Well as soon as I landed at the Minneapolis airport I had to book it to my connecting flight. And let me just tell you that was a work out and more than likely a sight to see! I had Quilon in the Baby Bjorn, a diaper bag, and camera bag haulin my fanny to the other side of the airport as fast as I could. Which isn't fast....I'm not speedy! I am sure people were scared that I was either going to trip and fall hurting my lil man or that I might just have a heart attack. And boy did I feel like my heart was going to come thru my chest.

Needless to say I got to my connecting flight as soon as it was boarding!

Once in Tenessee I meet up with my Ma and Sister. What a relief that was for me! and Quilon too!! It was so great to see them now if only our flight could take off.

How is it that they(Northwest) can book a flight even over book it but forget to have a crew!!!! A little over an hour later we got our crew and boarded the plane. Well once aboard they(Northwest) would not close the door for about 15 minutes after everybody was on board. Makes you feel safe!!

We all finally made it Huntsville, AL. How great it was to see my daddy. We then drove the hour to Guntersville, AL where my Grandmother lives.

Once we got to town it was about 12:00am and went straight to the hospital to see Grandmother!

Dad, Quilon and I went straight back. I was so nervous to see her but once I got in there that mostly went away. My Grandmother was on a breathing machine that was very similar to a C-Pap machine only larger scale. Her mouth and nose are covered with this mask to help her breath. As soon as she saw Quilon she reached her arms up to touch him and was trying to kiss him thru her mask. It was so sweet and precious. My Grandmother was SOOOO happy to see her newest great grand baby.

That there is why I need to go. To let her have that joy of my sweet baby Quilon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment