Thursday, December 18

G-MA Update

We laid our heads on our pillows at 1:30AM at 2:30am we got a call from the hospital saying that things were not good. My Grandmother's vitals had bottomed out and they put her on a ventilator. My Dad, Aunt Carol (who also came Wednesday from FL), and Sister went straight to the hospital. After arriving my Dad and Aunt knew that Grandmother did not want to be on a ventilator so they decided to put her back on the C-Pap like machine.

My mom and I stayed back with Quilon so that he could sleep. Or that was our intentions. We left about a half hour later to go up to the hospital. We felt we needed to be there for our family and in case she went HOME.

My dad and aunt decided to take the C-Pap like machine off and just put her on plain oxygen mask. They want to make her as comfortable as possible.

The Doc doesnt think that there is anything else that can be done. He moved us out of the ICU onto the main floor.

We are trying to keep her as comfortable as possible......

Oh and Quilon is a champ! He has been sooo great. Slept most of the flights yesterday. Sleeping at the hospital and bring many smiles to the families waiting in the ICU waiting room. I am so proud of that lil man!

No comments:

Post a Comment