Sunday, November 30

Didn't I learn from the 1st one!!!

For Thanksgiving we went to Seth's parents house to have dinner as a family. Gerry, Rosetta, Tim, Noelle, Lily, Seth, Ike, Quilon, and I were all there. With all of us around the table there was not really any room for Quilon to sit us (at home he does sit in a high chair so we can eat as a family). Gerry suggested that we just put Quilon in his car seat and set him on the bench next to the table. I said sure that might work, however he kicks lots now so he will more than likely fall off. Mind you the bench that he sat on also had a super thick cushion on it so Quilons car seat was not sitting stable in the first place. What was I thinking??? Did I forget what had happened to Ike when he was about the same age. (Ike was sitting in his bouncy seat on top of the kitchen table and kicked his way off the table.) Sure enough I look over and here Quilon is squirming his little way out of the seat and onto the floor. I freaked!! At least this time I was not frozen when I saw my child falling to the floor. But I was still not able to catch him and the poor little man hit his head/eye on the back of Gerry's chair. I felt so bad for the guy. Did I not learn anything from the first child I did this to. Hopefully if there ever is a third that I will NEVER put them anywhere high up to where they can fall off onto the floor!

Other than the excitement of Quilon falling we had a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner.

You can see his little markings above his right eye.....poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment