Saturday, November 15

Random babbles

So all this week Seth and I have had the opportunity to spend every evening together. That is very rare for us since Seth usually works till 8:00pm every night. It has been so great to have him there in the evening to help me cook dinner and to help me with the boys. We were even able to have friends over for dinner one night and it not be just me! It was sooo great. Ike has also loved having his daddy around in the evenings to play with him and put him to bed. Ike loves having his daddy read him some books then put him to bed and pat his back. Then mommy gets to come up and sing songs with him (daddy doesn't do well with that part!) We all can't wait for the time we can be home almost every night together as a family. Hopefully soon, or at least when his coworker retires and Seth gets those hours!

Last night I worked the Switchboard of the hospital all by myself......AHHH! I was so nervous but I just prayed that God would help me thru it. And He sure did. It seemed that whenever I was getting sleepy He would send a person my way to chat with me so I would stay awake. I made sure to bring lots of different things to do; a book, magazines, Sudoku. It is rather quiet during the nights at the hospital. Or at least for me anyways, the ER is always loaded with drunks on the weekends. That does bring some entertainment at times.

I have been feeling kind of blah lately. I'm not really sure why. Maybe the weather maybe just because I have been thinking to much or maybe because I miss my best friend. Things have changed so much for us. I think that the biggest change for us is our friends or lack there of. We do have a few really true friends but the rest I can't say that about. It is ever so true that having kids will change EVERYTHING!! Understand I am ever so blessed to have my kids and would not change my situation for anything but things are hard at times. However lately I am feeling ignored and forgotten by those that claimed to be genuine friends. And yes I know that its not always fun to hang out with a family, but I am able (and need) to leave them at times for friendships. Maybe that isn't understood I dont' know. Then again maybe its not because we had kids that changed everything maybe there is something else going on that I am unaware of. Oh how I wish I knew. I am very thankful for the friends I do have, but I am greatly missing that close friend relationship I once had. Maybe I am just missing my sister, my best friend.

1 comment:

  1. Raychel! I love you! Are you talking about me? I hope you'd tell me if there was something more or different that I could do for you as a friend!? love you...

    ReplyDelete